25 October 2008

Blogging at Two Eh Ehm


I thought that I would try to help give our economy a boost by making Jake Bucks available to everyone. Print this puppy out and spread the cheer!

I've moved away from using my excite email account because it fills up with garbage and junk mail so fast, and in the process of clearing it out, I found this image from about three years ago. Good ol' Lenny Ford performed the artistic operation. (Anyone know how Lenny is doing these days?)

Ten more days in this hitch on the tug boat. We've been in Los Angeles the whole time, which helps with fundage because I get "outside pay" for sailing beyond the Puget Sound. The weather has been really hot, which I generally don't like, but my hair is bleaching in the sun and my face is tan, so I'll look like a freak when I get back to Washington, and that I generally do like.

Once I'm off the boat, I'll be posting again about the latest developments - can't do so until then. I will say that my attitude was really very lousy for a while, and God convicted me about it, so I wrote Him a letter of apology. He helped change my attitude and then began changing the situation. That is what I wanted all along, but He was just waiting for me to bring myself into submission to Him instead of grumbling, whining, wheedling and complaining about it. Crazy how that works, eh? "Ok God, don't change the situation, change me." Which He does, then He changes the situation too!

Stand by.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahoy there Jake! Sailing on a tug boat?? I was just about to write you an email, but I thought I should check out your Blog first. I saw that part about getting rid of your excite email. I guess I don't have your new address.

Also, let us know if you happen come through the SF bay area and have 30 minutes ashore!

Supplying Needs said...

Hey,

Nice pic. Lenny did a great job on it. So I just wrote because I know a little about Lenny and Leah. THey had their first kid. Named him after Lenny but they call him Jack because he looks like a jack to leah. I just got a little blurp from her last week or so because she saw I was in Idaho and wanted to know what part. She used to live in SOuth Idaho. They are doing well and living in Maine.

That is all I know.
Have a great day!!!

Maybe you should get on Facebook to keep up with all the old friend ships crew. It really is a blast.

Joel & Dess said...

Hey Jake,

one week until we see you. We need to talk about what is up before you come. Things to bring when seeing us. When you get in, if you need directions. All of those things. Write when you can and when you get back.

The BUTLERS!!!

Anonymous said...

We are doing very well thank you! Our little boy as Dess said name is Jack..hes almost 7 months old now and just learned to crawl! I cant believe it! how are you? I was just looking at rebeccas blog and noticed yours and since you mentioned Leonard I thought I'd chime in!!!
Hope you are doing well
Leah Ford